Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Out of Egypt

This evening, I arrived safely back home in New Jersey after (almost) a year abroad in Egypt. I'm really going to miss Cairo and everything Egypt has to offer (mainly that juice). This past year was incredible for so many reasons--working with amazing people, getting to know my extended family better, exploring a fascinating country, not having to be in school... I'm glad that I've gotten to know so many people in Cairo and that it's become a home to me. I definitely plan on visiting more frequently. As they say in Egypt, "Once you drink from the Nile, you'll always return." (Though the saying should be more along the lines of "Once you drink from the Nile, you'll get schistosomiasis and have bloody urine.")

These next few weeks, I get to rest and relax before starting my next big adventure: Mark and Law School! I'll be studying at Georgetown Law so please visit me in DC--much more accessible than Cairo so no excuses this time.

Also, if you have any questions about my experience in Egypt or what to know more details about my trip or are planning a trip of your own (whether a week or a year), please feel free to contact me! I love talking about Egypt and I would definitely be happy to help in any way.

Finally, a huge thank you to you for reading my blog. I've really enjoyed blogging and I hope you've enjoyed reading. I've gotten some great feedback from people and it's been very encouraging. I haven't decided yet but maybe I'll start up another blog for law school (though that will be far more challenging to make interesting). In any case, thanks again! You can now de-bookmarkdoss this website.

love,
mark and egypt

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually sad :-(
    but then i remember I'll get to see more often now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i'll get to see you even more often!! i vote a big YES for the law school blog!

    ReplyDelete