Thursday, June 17, 2010

Japanese Gardening

Egypt's always surprising me with what it has to offer. The other night, I went to the Japanese Garden of Helwan with three friends. A friend had told me about them but I didn't really believe they existed. After a 45 minute metro ride out to Helwan, we arrived at a nice park filled with Buddha statues and screaming children. I don't know much history about the garden and this sign at the entrance wasn't much help:

While we were there, we had a picnic. I brought the mango.

Afterwards, we walked around. A group of kids were following Aly screaming Ni-hao. I think they thought she was Japanese. I also think that they thought they were speaking Japanese. She's not. And they weren't.

Representin' China and Canada.

On the whole, it's a very nice park and if it were in a more central location, I definitely think I'd relax there more often.

East meets Middle East.

No comments:

Post a Comment