Friday, April 9, 2010

The Big Time

As of a month and a half ago, I moved out of my aunt and uncle's apartment in Shubra and am now living by myself in downtown Cairo. The big time! They're going to America for a while to visit their children and I had a friend moving out of his apartment so things just kind of worked out perfectly.

I'm really enjoying living here. The landlord is very nice, the location is amazing, and the apartment itself is very spacious. This is the first time I'm living completely alone. At first I thought it would very lonely but I'm really liking it. It feels liberating to use the bathroom with the door wide open.

I made it just for the picture.

The grand entrance room.

The grand TV room.

The master kitchen.

I have not been taking care of those plants. Sorry to all my plant-loving friends.

The grand bathroom.

I ponder this painting every morning.

Another great thing about this place is that I have an extra bed frame and mattress so it's very nice for visitors. If you don't believe me, just ask Chris Duffy and Mollie West (oh nines!) who are my very first visitors in Cairo (not including my mom). I visited Chris in Greece a little less than two weeks ago and now it's his turn. It's been so great having them here. I've loved showing them around my favorite spots (i.e. juice stands) and I've been really enjoying their company. They've taken lots of pictures so hopefully I'll steal some to show you our adventures. It's great to have friends from back home here--even if it means not being able to leave the bathroom door open for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment