Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Notebook

In my quest to become more Egyptian, I've been taking Arabic lessons. I started in late January and have been doing about 3 to 4 hours a week. More important than the lessons, however, is what to take notes in. It took a little bit of searching but I found the perfect notebook. At first, my friend presented me with this option:

I decided jelly beans, eyeballs, and lips might be too distracting. I stumbled upon this notebook in another shop:

The text in English and in Arabic: Whoever took the donkey up to the roof should bring it down.

Unfortunately, it was too small. On my third try, I found the notebook for me:

In case you can't read the text, it says:

WE, WHO LIVE IN A CITY, HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO ENTER INTO NATURE. WE MUST PREPARE FOR IT AND SPEND TIMES ON IT. IF WE'RE WILLING TO MAKE A LITTLE EFFORT, NATURE WILL RECEIVE US TENDERLY AND MAGNAMIOUSLY. PRESENT TO ALL NATURALISTS.

Underneath the text is the name of the company, SSency-mate, and their tag line: SSency-mate is a sense and have a taste the new generation synthesis stationery. I'm not sure what that means but I will tell you that licking the sheets of paper inside does not feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment