Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Defeated and Hopeless

Oh, Ahmed Hassan. Oh, Emad Moteab. Oh, Essam El-Hadary. We had been having such a good time together. The past four days were filled with such joy and excitement. I almost bought a flag for you. And this is how you repay me? I have been your number-one fan since I first heard your names and watched you play on Saturday. Now, my World Cup dreams are dashed. If only we had Frantz Fanon on our side. We totally would've won.

Before the game, everyone displayed their pride for Egypt. I watched a guy paint his trunk and mirrors the colors of the Egyptian flag.

Not even an hour after the match, the guy removed the paint from his car. There will be nothing else to pump up Egyptians for the next four years unless the country goes to war with Israel or its newest frenemy, Algeria.

1 comment:

  1. That's the saddest thing I've heard in a while...
    way to be a downer, Mark!

    ;P

    ReplyDelete